What is Multiple Myeloma?
- Second Most Common Blood Cancer
- Affects 750,000 people worldwide
What are the symptoms?
- Bone Pain
- Extreme fatigue
What we do:
- ADVOCATE for needs of the myeloma community
- Foster collaborative RESEARCH
- Empower people through EDUCATION
- Provide SUPPORT for patients and families
Understanding that the search for a cure for multiple myeloma demands constant innovation, the IMF has launched the Black Swan Research Initiative (BSRI®), a unique project to develop the first definitive cure for myeloma.
Through medical innovation we can already achieve long-term complete remissions in 15 to 20 percent of myeloma patients. Now, by identifying the best treatments at the best time to achieve the best objective, we’re ready to bridge the gap from long-term remission to cure.
Myeloma Awareness Month Programs for 2015:
Educational Programs for MAM:
- Boca Raton Patient & Family Seminar – Kick Off to MAM (February 13/14)
- San Francisco Patient & Family Seminar – Wraps up MAM (March 27/28)
Two Regional Community Workshops:
- Living Well with Myeloma Teleconference on Immunotherapy with Dr. Durie
Outreach/Awareness Programs for MAM:
- MAM Flyer – Please post this flyer in your local cancer center, Hem/Onc offices, pharmacies, churches; anywhere it will help to increase awareness of multiple myeloma.
- Parade Flyer – We are very excited to see how many parades our IMF’ers will be marching in this March!
- IMF Bracelets
- ONS DVD – to give out to your local nurses
- IMF dome buttons
- IMF Name Badges for Support Groups
- MAM logo for groups to use on their website, FaceBook, Twitter, etc.
- Advocacy – Proclamations from various cities, towns, states declaring March as Myeloma Awareness Month (for questions and details regarding Proclamations, please contact Ray Wezik: firstname.lastname@example.org )
The IMF will post facts, images, videos, and other messages of hope throughout myeloma awareness month on the IMF Facebook and Twitter pages. If you use Facebook and/or Twitter, we encourage use of these platforms to help spread the word by sharing and retweeting.