What is Multiple Myeloma?
- Second Most Common Blood Cancer
- Affects 750,000 people worldwide
What are the symptoms?
- Bone Pain
- Extreme fatigue
What we do:
- ADVOCATE for the myeloma community
- Foster collaborative RESEARCH
- Empower people through EDUCATION
- Provide SUPPORT for patients and families
Understanding that the search for a cure for multiple myeloma demands constant innovation, the IMF has launched the Black Swan Research Initiative (BSRI®), a unique project to develop the first definitive cure for myeloma.
Through medical innovation we can already achieve long-term complete remissions in 15 to 20 percent of myeloma patients. Now, by identifying the best treatments at the best time to achieve the best objective, we’re ready to bridge the gap from long-term remission to cure.